What "diet plan" has worked for you??

I had a beautiful baby girl five months ago. I've lost most of the weight, but I still have a little left to lose and more importantly-keep off! I know that I need to work out in addition to eating healthy but I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience? I'm a single mom who is either at school or with my daughter every second which makes working out harder but I'm more curious about 'no carb' diet, foods to try/avoid/etc, or all the different diets out there??? what works? haha
Oh, and my big problem is I'll also do real well but then since I'm doing so "well" I will eat one too many cookies or something and screw it up..trying to work on that self control:)

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I walk, that is about it. I walk around my apartment complex about 4 times a day and to the bus stop with my kids 2 times (about 2 blocks).
    ncmamaof4a

Answer by ncmamaof4a at 1:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• At 36 I can honestly say that being sensible with diet and exercise is the key. Input/Output. How many calories do you need per day for your height/weight/calorie expenditure? If you need to lose weight, eat sensibly the freshest, least processed foods possible, never ever deny yourself completely. Find exercises YOU like. I like yoga and walking and I LOVE to go dancing. I would rather clean toilets than go to the gym and lift weights. As far as any diet book, I really do like Eat Right 4 Your Type, it's not necessarily a diet so much as learning about your blood type and eating sensibly.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i am currently using almased - i hurt my lower back so cannot do much moving around right now - it is really working beyond my goal
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Hi, you mentioned self control, I am using a products that number 1 is SAFE, and number 2 gives you control. It helps you control your portions and appetite. It works so well you will know it the very first time. I have lost allot of weight with this in a very short time. 7 lbs my first week! Contact me if you want more info!
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• portion control has worked for me. =D
    and the cool part is you can still have what you want, but you have to limit yourself to how much you actually eat....lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 12:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am doing my own diet plan... portion control, daily exercise (about 30-40 minutes a day.. whether it be a brisk walk, Pilate's, resistance training (with yoga ball and resistance band) or sit up and cardio) and I only eat one "meal" a day. I eat small portions all day and then dinner is my only "full" meal.

Its working really well, I lost 16 pounds the first month and I dont know how much I have lost the second month yet (doc appointment isnt untill the 24th and I only weigh myself monthly)... but I know I am down at LEAST 3 sizes.. so Im guessing I am at around 25-30 pounds lost.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• the carb diet absolutely works but its very hard to stick to because it can get boring fast if you don't like to eat alot of diffrerent kinds of meat and veggies. I am not a big veggie person and i only eat like 3 different types of meat so it was hard for me to maintain but i made myself do it and i got down to my goal faster than with any other diet. I really don't like diets though. I would prefer to count calories which i've found works also.
    mhoelzer2988

Answer by mhoelzer2988 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Cleansing. I cannot say this enough. Right now your body has built up toxins from the environment. These toxins attract fat to "protect" themselves. This is why it is so hard for some ppl to lose and keep off weight. if you loose weight the toxins are still there so they attract the fat back. if you clean out the toxins it makes it so much easier to lose weight and keep it off. it also gives you a lot more energy and helps curbs the cravings you have for bad food. let me know if you want more info.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 5:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• For me, I do a detox twice a year and lose about ten pounds there (it's not fat though) and then I take lypo 6 twice a day to curb my appetite so I don't cheat on my diet and eat as much protein as I possibly can. I have a workout and meal plan that I made on my computer if you want me to send it to you PM me.

p.s.- if anyone else wants it message me.
    jaimielea

Answer by jaimielea at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• weight watchers! all the way!
    marissa619

Answer by marissa619 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008