Not sure if he married me out of love or if he just needs me to cook...what do you think?

my husband expects dinner from me and I mean EXPECTS a good rounded off meal with meat and a starch...thing is he is layed off for the winter and so I get resentful that I am the only one in the kitchen...
I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he helped me and we did this together or took turns but no....I am the only one who cooks..it gets old esspecially since money is tight and he still wants to eat like a king

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Someone has his head up his ass!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think that would be exceptionally strange if he married you just to cook....surely there are cheaper ways to get a good meal.

If you feel overwhelmed in the kitchen, maybe you can try talking with him about splitting it up, like he can cook dinner once or twice a week two. My husband and I have managed over the years to find good balance with all the various household responsibilities. And I cannot cook worth a damn.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• lol. what a jerk. i wouldnt do that. but then my husband knows already that i dont take no crap. its my way or no way. im the king ..i mean queen of the castle! :)
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have a real conversation with him about this. I cook every night but hubby and I will cook fun things together to freeze (appetizer stuff).
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, I am sure that is not the reason he married you. He is being unrealistic and very inconsiderate. And don't forget that he also might just think that you cooks a heck of a lot better than he does!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• the fact that he EXPECTS dinner is irritating, sounds a bit 1950's to me !
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ooooo I feel your pain altho my issues are different....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If he married you just so he has someone who cook for him...you can pretty much say most men marry because they can't afford a cook, a maid, and a housekeeper. I am sure he married you for love, although it may not feel like it at the present moment. It sounds like your husband is a very traditional guy. I would have a discussion with him in a neutral setting, i.e. not at meal time. Just calmly discuss you would like him to help, be SPECIFIC about what you want him to do. I know, if you have to ask/nag him to do it, it really doesn't count anymore. Unfortunately that seems to be how men work, give them specific instructions to complete a task, regardless how hard it is, they'll do it. But if you ask them like why can't you help me around the house? They don't know what it means, and where to start. Good luck.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• And if all else fails, burn it all. Just burn the dinner, or put too much salt in his, not yours.
    What exactly does he do when you don't have his dinner ready for him? If he just throws a temper tantrum, then I'd say to let him. But, he does need a real reality check. You will just have to be stern and stick to your guns. And as a pp stated, be very specific. My hubby always tells me that with men, you have to be that way. Specific, I mean, or they just won't get it. And simple, or they get lost. Which, I don't get how they could get lost, but hey. He says it's kinda like talking with a child. So, when talking with your hubby, if he starts looking confused, or starts with an attitude, take it down an notch, and talk with him like a child. He really needs a reality check, unless you are willing to always have him a 'kings dinner' on his table, he shouldn't just expect it. He shouldn't expect it anyway. He should be grateful.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tell him no eatin like a king anymore
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2011