wondering what is a good age for child to b ready for a disney vacation

thinking of planning & reserving a trip to disneyworld for myself, husband, 10 yr old son & 3 yr old son. but im not sure if i should plan it for this coming december or wait another yr...or longer?my 3 yr old would be 4 by then & my 10 yr old 11. Im not worried about my oldest.he would enjoy it no matter what. & he's been there before last april. My son who would be 4 is at this time a rambunctious little guy (i fear he truly is going to have an ADHD diagnosis..as my husband even has this, as an adult. my son can be hard to deal with, yet he enjoys having fun, & loves disney characters. its hard o say what hed behave like in that setting. i dont know if i should wait..but then he'll be a year older almost. :( just want him to enjoy the trip. & still be into disney, & the fam would love to take a vaca. just dont wanna set myself up for a rough time. any suggestions, or ideas..(when u took your kids, how old they were, or even some stories that prove i should wait, or not wait)? thks

hellokitty1978

Asked by hellokitty1978 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Travel

• This year he is a little young in my opinion. There's a lot going on, sensory overload, long lines...and it's pretty pricey. What about a great Florida vacation sitting by the pool at a resort that's on the beach? Often there are kid clubs for your 10 and your 3 year old will love the zero entry pools...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I've heard that 7 is the best age for enjoying Disney to its full potential. If you're wanting your younger one to enjoy it as much, I'd wait a few more years until he can ride most of the rides and not feel as left out, also better able to handle all the people and happenings.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We did our first trip when dd was 3 she loved every second of it. We have taken her back omany time since and now at 9 she is a roller coaster junkie!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i haven;t taken my dd yet. i was 4 my first visit and then 13 my second and then my favorite was at like 27. i think ofcourse i enjoyed it at 4 but i do not have too many memories of that trip except its a small world. but i think 4is a great age. but only you knw your child best. my cousin lives in florida and takes her son every year since he was born. he is going to be 5 i believe. so he is very use to it. i say wait until he is at least 4 or 5.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You need to be 40" to ride most of the rides, so that is our magic number.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My little guy just turned 4 last month and we have planned to go to Disney March of 2012, he will then be 5. We thought 5 is a great age, he will enjoy it more then. He will also remember going, as kids don't remember anything before the age of 5. Good luck with your decision!
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• thank u everyone for your help :)
    hellokitty1978

Comment by hellokitty1978 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• around 4 or 5, our youngest is almost 2 so were gonna wait a few more years before we go.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011