Does this seem strange? Episotimy question.

Last baby I had was huge! 9lbs 3 oz, and I had to have an epsiotimy, even then I tore awful, but the strange thing is where I was cut and tore to my rectum, it is so sore. I healed for 2 years before I got pregnant w/ baby 2. I'm now 38 weeks, and good grief! I just went to the bathroom, and all I did was urinate, but my butt hurts! Does that seem strange?

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 11:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't surprise me, actually. My episiotomy took so long to heal, sex was painful too for at least a year.
    Anonymous

• Could be the baby is putting pressure in your rectal area and causing discomfort. On a side note...you might want to talk to your doctor about avoiding an episiotomy this time around. You're more likely to have a worse tear with an episiotomy than without.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Is it burning, stinging?

For the future:
    Tearing with an episiotomy is common. You can decline the epis. and opt for a safer more comfy delivery.
    Don't go there!
    :- /
    You don't "have" to have one... Know that you can deliver a much bigger baby without any perineal damage depending on how you labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• hmm have you checked for hemroids? but no its not strange you prolly have alot of pressure down there right now and it may irritate the area. you could try some witchhazel pads to help ease the pain.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It sounds like normal pelvic pressure and pain
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011