Would you send your 2nd grade daughter to a school if she were smart enough to get in but didnt have all the money?

I am requesting opinions from other moms to see how they feel about this. I am applying for admission to an all girl school for my 7 year old for the fall. I know that only 17% of the school receive need based financial aid. I would like to know if I should not try to get her in based on the fact that I am not a millionaire,and that so many of the other parents have so much money?
I believe that she will flourish in this fast paced academic setting,my concern is that if she will feel that she has less than the other students. Her father is non existant in her life and I feel that a strong academic backround would give her what she needs to succeed in this world. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, she will be fine. In life there will always be someone who is better, who has more. It is part of life. She will be exposed to some things that will be beyond her financially but most likely she will aspire to have those things in life and do better for herself. Her friendships will not all revolve around money and she will learn to accept the world for what it is, and others will accept her for her friendship I believe.

If this is a way for you to provide a better life and opportunity to her, and you can receive aid to cover the costs...go for it.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• No..If I didn't have the money to begin with, how would I send her/him?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, if you feel she would benefit academically, and they offer financial aid/scholarships then go for it!! I worked at (an expensive) sleep-away summer camp and we had about 20% of our population there is scholarships and they did fine, even excelled. You do not need to be made of money for her to have a positive experience there!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If you can get some kind of financial assistance to send her, you most definitely should. Children are stronger than we think they are. She will be ok. That sound's like an awesome opportunity. You should see how it goes and you can always take her out if you are dissatisfied with her experience. Education is the key to success, don't hold her back because of your fears. Its ok, your obviously doing a great job if she is that talented. Embrace it and let her flourish.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 11:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes i would jump on it. give her every chance you can give her. if you can get the finacial help to do it i'd go for it. just because you arent rich doesnt mean you cant give your child and yourself a good education and a chance to do better.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Call the school and find out what your chances are of receiving financial aid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011