Severe pain after a tubal ligation adult content

Just curious if anyone has ever had this problem. I delivered my daughter by c-section on the 4th of this month and also had my tubes tied at the same time. However, although I have no pain from my c-section, my right side where my tube is has been killing me. I am in constant pain, and if I cough, sneeze, or move the wrong way it feels like something is popping. It does not feel like a pulling sensation, just a sharp pop. No matter what I do it never seems to get any better.

ChristianJMommy

Asked by ChristianJMommy at 11:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would definitely call the doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree with dancer. Some pain from these types of surgeries is expected, but if its severe pain or you can feel something moving or "popping" that isn't right, you need to let your dr. know right away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Call your doctor... I had that pain on the right but it was my appendix that was causing the problem.. ( never had a tube done) Just call your doctor.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would call the doc, but it sounds like it's incision or suture pain..there are sutures below the skin (subcutaneous sutures) and they can be painful...there is typically not too much pain with a tubal ligation.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would definitely agree that you need to see your doctor. I did have my tubes done and I've had problems with severe cramping during ovulation periods and my menstrual cycle, as well as some discomfort during intercourse. Is it a constant pain, or does in come and go (and if so, is the pain linkable to your cycle)? The abdominal area stretches so much during pregnancy. You might have a muscle that pulled or tore, cysts, or something else that could be minor, but you should never live with the pain and just hope it goes away. Pain is your body's way of telling you that it needs attention.
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 11:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You may have a hernia, or ovarian cysts, or even appendicitis. I have my tubes tied, and have dealt wiht different types of pain. There is no way you can tell if the pain is from a tubal or a c section or anything else without getting some tests ran.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011