I was on the depoprovara (depo) shot for a while...

My Fiance and I would like to have kids, soon after we are married. What I would like to know is, is there going to be a chance that I will not be able to get pregnant because I was on the shot for a long period of time.

KellyGw1

Asked by KellyGw1 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i was on depo for 6 years and it tells you in the little info paper that if on it for an extended time it could take up to a year to concieve. now for me it took a year but the minute that year was up from the date of my last shot bam! i was pregant. dont worry about not getting pregant you will but it could take some time before its completely out of your system and things return to normal.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• MY sissy is 34 years old and has been on the depo since she was 18. She has gone through early meno becuase of it and wont have children. My little sister was on it for 5 years and just found out she is pregnant and due in march...

Everyone is different but one thing is for sure with DEPO it does cause problems when your trying to concieve. I would just talk to your doctor they can give you info
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I dont know, it varies from person to person, I got pregnant 3 months after the shot was ineffective/
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It could take sometime, orno time. It really depends on your body. Could you switch to pills so you could start having cycles again?
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• the problem with switching back to the pill is that i could never seem to remember to take it on time. or i just straight out forgot.
    KellyGw1

Comment by KellyGw1 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011