My husband refuses to

take his shoes off in the house and he tracks all kinds of stuff in. I told him I was going to get those paper covers like at the hospital for him to put over his shoes. Do you know of any place they sell these?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 11:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• and the hardware store has items to change the locks
    lol
    just kidding tootoo
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Try the hardware stores, painters will use them too. Get a shoe rack and a special mat to remind him and give him a special cozy place for his beloved shoes. And if all else fails, let him clean the floors next week!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Did you marry a European?

It's really common there, for people to wear shoes all day, every day.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ooohhh...even better, give him some quotes on some new flooring that you would just love to have installed since this flooring is clearly beyond cleaning and repair from shoe traffic!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Believe it or not, the guy we had install our new carpeting insisted that going barefoot or in socks is harder on carpets, due to the natural oil in our skin. The oil tends to mat down the carpet and cause dirt to stick to it. I would recommend that you find him some house shoes that he can slip on, that way he doesn't have to go barefoot and it offers a cleaner solution than his outdoor shoes. And stay away from steam cleaners. Use the foam you vacuum up as getting any liquid in the carpet pad underneath destroys your carpet faster than anything and ends up being unsanitary in the end. You never can get all the moistness out no matter how hard you try. Of course, daily vacuuming works better than anything, but who the heck has time for that?
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 12:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• hardware store.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tell him you are renting him a carpet cleaner to clean all the carpets.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Screw that... tell him it's now his job to clean the rugs, vacuum, and wash the floors.... daily!! My hubby was a dishes hog... used to dirty everyone in the house until I went of dishes strike for a week... he is much more considerate now!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I've not got a clue where you can get the booties, but just threaten him with the idea of new carpet every 6 months because he's not taking care of it now :) lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• They have them at Amazon.com too. Search for shoe booties or covers
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011