please help and no bashing im tired of people bashin i jus want advice

ok ever since december ive been getting sick a whole lot. ill be fine for two weeks and then i get sick with the same symptoms sore throat coughing and ect and its jus gets worse. then i go to the dr and i dnt have strep throat or the flu an i get put on amoxicillon for ten days and take it 3x a day well i get better and il be fine a week, and then here comes the syptoms again till i go back and see the dr. well i went back today cuz i started to get a sore throat yesterday i was runing fever at one this morning till 3 i am very weak i felt like i was gnna pass out i was really nauseated yesterday, and today i jus felt worse than ever well i went to the dr and she said my throat was still red from the last time. i still had fluid in my ears and she put me on agumentin for 10 days and i take it twice and she said if i dnt get better by wedsneday for me to go back so she can draw blood, and test me for mono but dnt u get that if u share ur things or kissin well i dnt share my things and i havent kissed anyone in who knows how long, but my daughter and test my thyroid and all that to see if anything aint outta wack. is there any thing i can do or wat do yall thik it is ,or where can i go to check my symptoms. im jus scared something is really wrong and i got a 4mnth old jus please help and no bashing.

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• Are you going to the same doctor each time? If so, go somewhere else and get a second opinion, even if this means changing your primary care physician altogether.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 12:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You can get mono without kissing. I had it and my husband didn't get it at all. I caught it when I was in beauty school, there was a ton of girls out with it. And no I wasn't kissing them. It's a pain in the ass to get rid of. It always seems to come back.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• u could have mono , mono isnt just from sharing or kissing it can take months from the time u came in contact w/ mono to actually get symptoms. u catch it from some one sneezeing in the air or coughing ...
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• And mono is a virus not a bacteria, so antibiotics of course will do nothing for that.
    Musicmom80

• You might need to get a second opinion. I would wait til they do your blood work and if then they still dont have any answers I would change your primary care dr.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You can get mono from all kinds of sources.

I'd suspect that your dumb doctor is treating you with inexpensive antibiotics because the placebo effect is working.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• webmd.com is a good website you can on to check your syptoms. they have a syptom checker.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• True you can get mono other ways, and I think you should find another doctor right away. You need to get a better answer on this.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Do you smoke? If so, you may simply be more susceptible to upper respiratory infectionn and bacterial infections. Also, having small kids will certainly bring home lots more germs than you're used to. I agree with Cocoa-- get a second opinion. I had pneumonia once, and the MDs didnt' catch it. I nearly died when I went to a nurse practitioner. She decided to get some chest x-rays and they showed that I was almost to the point of no return-- when I would have literally drowned from the crap that was in there. They wanted to admit me to the hospital right away, but I decided to go with the ARNP's advise and recuperated at home. It took a month. Having someone else check you out, with a different perspective, with different ideas may make all the difference in the world.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would not kiss your daughter anymore,for now. It could be mono or meningitis.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011