organizational question

my toddlers have a bunch of books and right now we have this basket theyre in but its over flowing and the basket dosen't work well cause theyre all on top of each other.
but im afraid to get a book shelve because they climb so, i know they'd knock it over. and I don't have a wall that I could attatch it too.

any other ideas or suggestions?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• http://www.amazon.com/Tot-Tutors-Book-Primary-Colors/dp/B000IHJF60/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295155278&sr=8-2
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• What about those slot shelves that are so popular in libraries and daycares? I won't say it's impossible to climb, but it only has slots so the kiddo can't get much of a grip. Also, what about those magazine racks? Or free shelves-- the kind you attach directly to the wall, above their reach?

good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Our local library (and my playroom) uses rubbermaid bins --stand the books on the bottom, so you can flip through them and see the front covers.

We stood them facing out on low shelving that was specifically made to collapse if anyone attempted to climb it --fairly light wood, 4' lengths loose-mounted on those L-brackets that sit into the metal strips mounted to the wall. They move a bit from side to side, and generally don't feel stable to anyone with a mountaineering mindset...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Drawers that roll under their beds or one of those plastic rolling carts with the drawers?
    bradymommy

Answer by bradymommy at 12:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011