I am worried I am in labor....AAAAAHHHHH!!!! How can you be sure???

My back has been hurting all day!!!! Now I am hurting in my stomach....also needing to poop several times....sorry TMI....

But I cant time any contractions...my belly just feels hard and hurting....

Is that weird....

Also feel shaky and nervous....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just go in and get checked out! The worst they will do is send you home! Hang in there, the last few weeks are the hardest!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Oh.. you know. lol. Contractions felt like the worst period cramps I had ever felt. I knew i was in labor cuz my water broke.

however, your symptoms are concerning. Go get checked out-- go to the Er if you have to.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, is your stomach hard and then relaxed? Is the baby moving with each "contraction"?

With my first, I just had a mild lower back ache when I was in labor...you should go get checked! NOWW!!! GO!!! :) and Good Luck!!!! How exciting if you are!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i agree with her, go get checked if you're not they'll send you home GL :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• They will come and go, even with back labor (you'll just have less relief between). You'd be able to time them. It sounds more like you're having bad BH contractions. Are you dehydrated? You may need to up your water, especially if you've been pooping a lot. Drink a large glass of water and lie on your left side for a bit. Try to relax, take some deep breaths, and just get some rest. If it keeps up, you can call your doc and see what they want to do. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• you'll know, like pp said. Feels like the worse period cramps ever
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• With my oldest, all I felt was lower back pain. I didn't even know that I was in labor, I just happened to have a doctors appointment and when she examined me I was dilated to 4cm! Follow your instincts, if you think this is it, it may be. Every woman's experience is different..I would definitely go to the hospital.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 12:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• yea u could call n ask the doc, but both times i was in labor i was pooping and throwing up , just ur bodys way of getting rid of everything so u can have the baby, but if ur not sure just call
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You need to drink some water a lot actually get some rest and see what happens
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011