ever since i quit smoking...i'm eating SOOO much!!

like...CONSTANTLY!! i'm already overweight..so i realllllly dont need this..LOL..i went out for an early dinner tonight..was home at 530..had a couple hanfdulls of choc covered almonds..had some mini rice cakes..had some chips..made some hot tea..had a big bowl of salad..had some more chips..and its only 9:57!! LOL and im not even hungry, i just keep eating!! (its only been 12 days since i quit) during the day im fine..but at night, i go crazy and eat everything..even when i'm not hungry, i will think.ooooooh a grilled cheese sandwich sounds good..so i will go make one!! anyone have any tips or ideas on how to stop this??? i dont know if its because of smoking..or knowing that in 6 days my gym has its grand opening, so i will be going to the gym..and i know i wont be eating this food..

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• congrats on quiting. I quit smoking in August and gained about 20. Food just tasted better. I went on ww, and now I'm eating low carb. Just dont go back smoking because u fear gaining weight, just get on a healthy eatng plan.

peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 11:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• keep yummy flavors of gum close, every time u feel like eating pop in a stick of gum.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i never smoked ciggs but ive heard that alot. i think its cuz not only is smokeing addicting but the hand to mouth motion is. think about it everytime u smoke ur hand goes to ur mouth n u put ur cigg in it . and i think ur body trying to make up for the feel good feeling the cigg gives u, so try eating sunflower seed or my gma ate smarties .. and my dad ate jolly ranchers.. i think smartie would be good low cal and alot in the package.. GL
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Get rid of the junk food and have only healthy snacks avaialble. Like fresh fruit and veggies. Also, is there some sort of hobby you could start like crocheting or knitting to keep your hands occupied? And I have heard that having a toothpick in your mouth can distract you. These are ideas I have heard from smokers who quit. Keep it up!! Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2011