a question about ultrasound... brite spot on the heart

well on the 11th i went in for my ultrasound to see how baby was growing and to see if we were having baby girl or baby boy! this is my second child and we found out its a girl :0) we r excited but at the end of the ultrasound my nurse said that she wanted to show me something and i was worried she said it was like a freckle on the heart that sometimes goes away with her 4th child she had it and went aways but i been searching online and alot of people say it could be a sign of ds. im just nervous i get another ultrasound on tuesday... hope goes well did anyone else have this happen?// i just want to be prepared for anything we will love her no matter wat!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went through this with my 2nc child who is currently 9 months. When I had my 1st sonogram they told me there was a black spot on the heart. I of course freaked and like you googled it to find out that there was a possible DS link. When I went back again for my next sonogram they told me he was looking good and didn't even mention the black spot! So I said something to the tech (this was at the hospital not an office) and she told me that once it is there they never go back and look for it again.

I was completely stressed over it. I had sonograms throughout my pregnancy as they told me he wasn't growing on schedule. They never again brought up the black spot. I opted out of the blood work (can't think of the name) that allows you to see if there is DS or anything else wrong with the baby. My son was born 3 weeks early last March but is completely HEALTHY!!!! So relax..I am sure everything will be ok!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• thank you for ur input on this! i just am freaked out! like its hard to know there mite be somthing wrong! we r goin this tuesday to the hospital for another ultrasound i guess they can see better or sumthing! i just hope that she is ok! the nurse said she was growing good just for that spot and she didnt seem concerned she just said its a routine if they find something! well i will let you know what they let me know ;0) and thanks again! and congrats on ur lil boy :0)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011