do you let your kids drink soda?

At what age did you start letting them drink it? or will start letting them drink it? do you drink soda?

My nephew started getting soda at probably 16 months. he's three and lives on it.
my 16 month old twins have never had soda, and will never have soda :P
ok when theyre much much older if they have a chance to try it at a friends i wont mind but, I've SERIOUSLY been addicted to soda for such a long time and I have gone off and back on it so many times and recently have gotten back off it hopefully for the last time.

even diet is so bad for you. and I worry about their teeth..

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did give my first soda before she was even 2 years old!! What a dumbass I was!!! :) But that was 19 years ago and now I know better. I have 2 little boys now and I hope they NEVER drink soda.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Nope, and he won't be allowed to drink it for a looooooong time
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I refused to allow my son to drink any soda, even when his preschool friends came over and showed off to him how cool they could be walking around with their diet coke can. Blah. He fortunately was never impressed.

So now my son is 9 and he really dislikes anything with fizz. My 6 year old daughter follows his lead. Fine with me! Better for their health and their teeth.

And yes, I have seen children as young as one year old drinking diet coke and I find that oh so disturbing.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My kids are 8 and 5 and have never tried it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I let my son have organic soda once in awhile but he usually drinks purified water, organic milk & tea. Soda is awful for anyone but especially for children.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 1:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my grandson has a sprite once and a while
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• NO
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• MY 3 year old sneaks and gets some coke zero. I give my girls a little bit of coke zero if we eat homemade pizza. I
    T just goes together to me. The rest of the day it's milk, water,or juice.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• @mksers uhh yeaah pizza is so hard to eat without soda!!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I dont know how old he was when he had his first soda, but he does get it every once in a while I try not to buy soda because I dont want to drink it, when were at restraunts we usually order just water, but if we go to fast food (yes bad I know) he will get a soda.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011