my ped told me to giv my 1 mnth old water....

shes pooping pebbles and he said its cuz shes on soy, but she has to have soy, i thought water was a choking hazard?? any suggestions on other thiongs to do... did u ever give water to a baby that young?

BabyGurlie1008

Asked by BabyGurlie1008 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Water is not a choking hazard...its the same consistency as formula (well, almost) people say not to give water because they get all the fluids they need from milk, and you don't want your baby to fill up on non-nutritional water.

Go ahead and give some water, or even a small amount (2oz maybe) of apple juice.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i can give applejuice at a month???
    BabyGurlie1008

Answer by BabyGurlie1008 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Babies should not have juice until 6 months old. You can give your baby water at room temp. but not too much because it can lower their body temperature and babies need to keep their temps up this young, 2oz. twice a day should be good.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 3:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• yep make sure the water is warm like the milk/formula. And yep, don't give too much.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• water is fine. The only reason not to give it, is baby's tummy is tiny and will fill up on water instead of formula which has all the nutrients. IF doc says give water, I'd listen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Maybe a different formula would help. Why does she have to be on soy? Most people with milk allergies/intolerances also have allergies/intolerances to soy. I don't know much about FF, but I know there are alternatives to soy for a baby with tummy issues.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It's okay to give water... try one ouce only though.. don't want the little one to fill up on water.. and I suggest you DON'T give the baby juice.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008