Ladies who have been "gifted" (cursed?) with large breasts- Share your favorite bra & what you love about it?

I'm going intimates shopping tomorrow. *sigh* How can something so fun make me not look forward to it? I guess it's just the cost for larger sizes, & having to try them on in-store, & the fact that my local selection isn't the greatest. I'm hoping my mission will be a success.... found the proper way to gauge my size, so I know that, & I know what features I prefer. It just got me to thinking; what brand & features make you sing "Brick House" when you put it on? Maybe we can all help each other find a new favorite!

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Shopping

• I have 46 DD..and i'd say got with an underwire..it gives them alot of support..and make sure its not a super plunge bra..with a small piece of fabric holding the cups together (you'll know what i mean when u see it)..lol and the straps are thick..not thin like spagetti straps..that way you get support and comfort..I love my boobs! haha but I stay away from sports bras..or cheaply made..I will pay 30 bucks for a bra i know will fit and have good support..

Fashion bug online has some good ones and then theres The Avenue and Lane Bryant..all of which are willing to help you find the perfect fit and bra for u!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Oh man....can I ever relate! I am in a 42 F...maybe higher. I want a breast reduction sooooo bad, but keep putting it off with talking with my doctor. Maybe I am scared. Its awful, I swear..its like they have taken over. I dont know how anyone can be comfortable getting their boobs done to be a DDD..or anything higher. My back is nearly broken. So I cant recommend a bra, because I have yet to find one that I can actually be comfortable in.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I imagine your back would have to hurt, bellamommy! I'm not quite that big (DD, but I was an E when I breastfed), but I get them from my mom (along with short legs & acne, gosh I have to remember to call & thank her for her LOUSY genes lol). She got a reduction about 7 years ago, from a DD to a C, & she says it was the best thing she's ever done. She was only on pain meds for about a week, & she said she felt normal (just lighter) within a month. If you want it, just do your research on a plastic surgeon & go for it! Mom says a good surgeon is everything, cause anything wrong is hard to fix! I hope someone gives us a suggestion that helps you, doll!

KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• 38 J's rest on my chest....I would give anything to be back in a trip d..as far as what styles I like I guess I have always liked anything that gives some clevage and that aint hard to find lol other than that I cant tell you what brand or anything I haven't found one that is just right ya know
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Also..All three of those has F sizes i believe..Good luck both of u!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• hehe SweetPoison you just described almost exactly what I look for in a bra! Thanks for the suggestions of where to get them, I'll have to check that out! BTW.... don't you hate it when the fit isn't just right & the underwire rubs underneath your arms? GAHHH! Or it comes out in the wash? OH NO! It's almost enough sometimes to make me wish I was an A cup! Almost... sometimes

wink

KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• omg..i know what ur talkin abnout..cuz not all of my body wants or can fit into the bra how it is..so it either rides up in the back/sides or the wire is pokin my armpit..which is annoying..and sometimes its poking the center of my chest between my boobs!! and when the wires break or come out..uber annoying..no matter the hardships..i love my boobs..sometimes i wish they were a C again!! i have a gazillion bras..one of my favorites just got thrown out cuz the wire came threw..and the other one is starting to tear..which depresses me hahaha
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• im a 44 I and I haven't found anything that fits right, is afordable or anything :( it def sucks being chested..hope you find something!!
    cathy806

Answer by cathy806 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011