What do you think of the polygamist lifestyle?

I am really intrigued by it myself. And as I stated in the question, the "lifestyle" and only the "lifestyle". I am a very strong and intelligent individual, who does not feel the need to adhere to a "religion".

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I think, when marriage is about an economic or social arrangement (as opposed to a romantic or personal fulfillment arrangement) it can work. I believe that when it is the former, not the latter, it needs to be understood out loud by everyone involved. While some folks seem to be able to collect insecure or needy people who agree with only their mouths (watch their eyes, it's interesting), I do think it's possible for some people to have an actually balanced, respectful and mature relationship that includes more than one other balanced, respectful and mature relationship.

I don't think very many people raised in the Western world are actually capable of really excluding themselves from the 'happily ever after' dreams.

I'm not at all interested in it, personally. I find it challenging enough to try to live with one lover --all the personal, demanding, selfish, immature, needy conflicting preferences... Times 3? Yuck.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's not for me :) The only other thoughts I have about it is I don't care for it, I don't think it promotes anything positive for women. JMO
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• definitely not for me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The thought of sharing my husband with many other women would not be for me. Putting the media aside, they seem to have a very peaceful and simple lifestyle, take care of their own and seem to do it in an orderly fashion. As long as the children, girls, are of age before being married off I see it's really no ones business. They're not harming anyone. Big question though? Do they live on govt. subsidies, pay taxes? Alot of questions.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 3:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's not for me, but it doesn't bother me. I don't see how you could want to share, but that's just me. I have no interest in it, but to each their own.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Not my deal lol I'm to jealous
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• SAME i'm super jealous so i couldn't do it. but sometimes i think it would be nice to have a friend to live with lol knowwhat i mean??? but yeah to each their own~
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think that as long as everyone arranges their relationships as they want them, they should have as many or as few as they'd like and are happy with. I don't agree with neglect or abuse within a relationship though.
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 3:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's not for me, but I don't think it's wrong if someone else decides it's ok for them. I don't think it should be illegal as long as all the spouses are of legal age.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yeah it would be awesome if you could have a couple of husbands all centered around you. Working as well. But the truth is even if it were legal it would always be about one man and a whole lot of woman on the system and claiming it was religion he was keeping.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011