What is the deal or what do you do?

I have read, heard and been told that I can cook one my dish and I could put left overs or cook extra that night so I can store it in the freezer for those days that I don't have enough time to cook.
I am really interested in trying this but do I store it in an specific way or what is the process of doing this.

Then when I want to serve something from the freezer do I just put it in the oven from the freezer?

I need some good techniques here please?

Thanks

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 3:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can prepare meals ahead of time and freeze. You'll need freezer containers, you can buy in any store. Ziploc is a good one. After cooking meals, put in containers, cool and freeze. Make sure you put a date and whats in there so you don't forget. When you need it, just take out of freezer and thaw or you can heat up in microwave. Takes longer frozen.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I buy good pyrex with lids. I cook the meal, put it in a pyrex dish, put the lid on it, and freeze it. Then when I want to cook it, pull it out the night before and put it in the fridge. Put in the oven before you preheat it (because if you put cold pyrex into a hot oven it can explode). And just heat it up til its warm depending on what it is.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I do this all the time with chili, lasagne, meatballs, etc. Contain it well so it does not get freezer burn, defrost overnight in the fridge the day before you need it , and then heat it up for a meal. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011