Advice??

Last year August 2010, i went in to the hospital cuz i had pain and spotting and i was only 5 weeks, when they performed an ultrasound they couldnt see a fetal heartbeat. so they told me to go back in 3 weeks when i was to be 8 weeks.. i went in with cramps and spotting still and they have told me the baby had no heartbeat... and i miscarried.

Now i recently found outi am 5weeks pregnant and cramping a little.. how can i be sure that what happened before does not happen again this time..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to hear that but the best thing to do is not to panic, go to your doctor as soon as you can its a very hard experience but there are things that we have no control, also try to rest keep your feet up and the best position for you to sleep would be the "SOS" sleep on the side the left is the best since allows the most blood flow to you and the baby, you can get more comfy if you get a pillow between your knees. GL
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think you should make an appointment with your doctor. I know when I was first pregnant I had a mole pregancy and wasn't really pregnant just for the mole. Lucky it was non cancerous. The second time I got pregnant I was told that because my estrogen was very low I had to take estrogen pills. I had to insert them inside me. I took the pills until I reached my 2nd trimester and carried a month short of my full term. I think you should contact your doctor and ask him to do tests on you. You may to be on bedrest for a while. But, your doctor is the right person to turn to. Plus you have to remember the cramping is your uterus stretching to carry your unborn child. I know I had cramping for many months and this is what I was told and found out by searching the internet.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You can't really prevent it from happening again. You can try to think positively, cramping during pregnancy is very common, it doesn't just occur when something is wrong. Many women cramp early in pregnancy and don't miscarry. Try reducing your stress, because that isn't good for the baby. Tell yourself and the baby all the positive things you can.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2011