allergic to chlorine in water anyone else?

for yus everytime i shower bathe swim etc, when i get out i get blotchy red bumbs on my back neck arms and face that itch. My dad gets this too. I have sensitive skin as it is, excema on hands dry skin rashes easy neone else get this? Could i have a sensitivity or allergy to something in water? Wat could help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• You could just be reacting to temperature changes, or even being rubbed. It's not a great symptom, and you might like to make it a habit to eat more anti-inflammatory foods (cherries, raspberries and blackberries are faves) or a baby aspirin a day to make it go away.

Generally, if your skin reacts to something as basic as water, your immune system is going bananas and you need to do things that calm you down: walking outdoors every day, regular exercise, enough water, enough sleep, good food...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My husband is.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• All 3 of my children. In their bathroom I bought a really good shower filter that filters out chlorine. They shower in that or I fill the tub with the handheld showerhead. There is no effective way of filtering it from the tubfaucet itself. Another option, but much more expensive and involved is to get a whole-home reverse osmosis filtration system.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• where can u get that shower head? Any normal place?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• "Normal place?" Hahahaha! Um, is Whole Foods normal? A place like Home Depot might have one. I bought mine at Whole Foods and I get replacement filters on www.luckyvitamin.com and I know they sell the filtration piece too.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011