dialated

im ready for my son to come but i only dilated 1cm. how can i make myself dialate.

poohbear18282

Asked by poohbear18282 at 4:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My aunt swears that mopping the floors helps induce labor. She had three girls that way. Was in labor for a few hours. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• sex can sometimes help...did for me :) Its the proglastins in the sperm that are really the thing that helps :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• UMMA TRY THAT 2MA MORNING
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 4:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Unfortunately you can't. Your baby now has full control on when the birthday is going to be :) I know your anxious and excited to hold your baby and feel like yourself again but you're almost there.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I JUST HAD SEX ... I HOPE HE COME... HOW MANY DAYS AFTER DID THA BBY COME.
    poohbear18282

• IM SO READY FOR HIM TO COME HES KILLING MY BACK..
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 4:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• walk around or if you have cinnamon sticks take 2 and boil them for 3 min and drink a cup your hubby can help with a foot massage the site to massage is located just above the inner ankle. When you massage this area in a circular pattern for 15 to 20 minutes, the uterus will start contracting. There is also a pressure point located on the hand. The pressure point is located between the thumb and pointer finger right on the webbing. Doing the same circular massage for 15 to 20 minutes will cause the uterus to contract as well.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• AWW THANKS
    poohbear18282

Comment by poohbear18282 (original poster) at 4:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• how far along are you?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You can't make yourself dilate. You can try to progress toward labor, but nothing is a guarantee. Sex is helpful for two reasons: (1) The release of oxytocin you produce can help get labor started and (2) the semen has prostagladins in it, which will help ripen your cervix. Gravity can help things progress along. You can try walking, squatting, and bouncing on an exercise ball. You can also try nipple stimulation to help get things moving. (It releases oxytocin in your body, which is the hormone that gets things going.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011