Good Teething Remedies?

Do any of you know good teething remedies?
I've tried teething rings, frozen fruit, orajel, he doesn't like them and they don't work for him.
What else can I use?

JamaciaMelissa

Asked by JamaciaMelissa at 4:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nursing can help --the tremendous suction kids make pull their gums down away from their nasty little teeth in there...

My mom used to put a glass of water in the fridge with spoons in it, and give them to my sister one at a time --sharpish, hard, cold... soothing. Other people I've known used wet facecloths out of the fridge for the same reason.

If orajel doesn't work, it's not teething, because that topical anaesthetic is powerful. If it's not taking away their pain, their misery is from something else.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We kept her bottles/cups in the fridge during teething time. It really helped. We'd also give her some ice in a mesh baggie.

Orajel can actually harden the gums, so it's not as recommended as you think. I've heard teething tablets are good, but never used them myself. My daughter never teethed that badly.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• all natural teething remedies I use.

Baltic amber necklace(he wears it but not while sleep, it works wonders! they do not chew on it, it rests on the childs skin)
    all natural teething oil, orajel can harden the gums and cause it more difficult for the teeth to come trough.
    wooden teething rings, all natural so no chemicals are leached out from plastic.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We've always used the teething tablets, and they work wonders.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Boiron's homeopathic Camilia! I swear by that stuff, but you'd have to find it online or at Whole Foods or possible some other natural foods store. Also, 1 drop of clove oil to 3 drops of olive oil rubbed on the gums.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Extra nursing - for comfort as well as nutrition
    Frozen, wet washcloths
    Hylands teeting tabs

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Baltic Amber Teething necklace!!!!
    I swear by it... it's AMAZING how well it works!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Hyland's teething tablets are wonders!
    remomingit

Answer by remomingit at 6:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• cold/damp cloth to gum on was our best friend.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 7:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011