would you turn in the owner of your favorite mom and pop restaurant if u found out they were illegal immigrants ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Aint got no business to be here if they don't have green papers. Kick em out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Okay there's a difference between IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I welcome new people to this country. It's not just mine or yours or the persons down the street. It's ours and WE make it a wonderful and unique place to be. However, I am not supportive of having ILLEGAL immigrants in our country. Either do the steps to properly become a citizen here, or stay home.

Illegal immigrants can cause a lot of problems for a country. Besides, security related issues, illegal immigration can also cause an obstacle in a country’s prosperity.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• According to statistics, approximately 800,000 foreigners migrate legally in the U.S. and out of these around 200,000 immigrants resettle in the country as illegal immigrants. The biggest problem that the U.S. faces on account of illegal immigrants is unemployment. Illegal immigrants compete with other American for jobs. These immigrants are ready to do undesirable and hard jobs at very low wages. As a result the illegal immigrants are in great demand by employers who are looking for cheap labor.

Another problem because of illegal immigrants is the burden on the U.S. economy. Annually the country spends millions of thousands of dollars to rehabilitate illegal immigrants. The government gets this money from the taxes it collects. Apart from this the U.S. spends money on deploying additional patrolmen to guard its borders so that illegal immigration reduces to a certain extent.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't ignore any illegal activity, period.

If I see someone breaking into a home or car, I'd turn them in. If I saw someone shoot someone, I'd turn them in. If I saw someone steal a lawn ornament from a yard or a pack of pens from a store, I'd turn them in.

I didn't write the laws, but I obey them. I don't agree with all of the laws, but I obey them. I don't ignore the ones I don't like, and I consider those who do as aiding and abetting. Depending on what an illegal does/doesn't do, the law agrees with me.

An illegal is breaking several laws just by being here, regardless of whether they are hard workers or criminals. I tend to lump people who ignore that in the same camp as the illegals, because NEITHER has any respect or care for the US ~ and both cause harm to the US.

If any of us snuck into 'mom and pop's' country and opened a business, would the citizens OR the gov't. ignore it or turn us in/punish us?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would actually wonder, if they are in fact ILLEGAL, how they were able to get to the point of being able to open a LEGAL business/restaurant?! Al the paperwork involved--registering of said business with the state, licenses, inspections, tax filings, operating capital/loans, etc.!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes I would. But I'd turn anyone in if I found out they were here illegally. I am not for supporting illegal immigrants, no matter what.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would never know, b/c I would never ask, but no, I would not turn them in. If they were working and trying to support their family by running a restaurant, they are doing more contributing to society than some other people I know.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't turn in any immigrant at all unless they were doing something more harmful to the population than running a good restaurant.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• no

Answer by older at 8:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i wouldnt want my favorite restaurant to close.... so not very likely... how would they open a business if they werent legal?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2011