Eating A lot At 5 Months Old??

My 5 month old eats maybe 5 - 10 times a day.. I've heard very well that its normal.
Should I consult his doctor about how much hes eating?

JamaciaMelissa

Asked by JamaciaMelissa at 4:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies are diffrent and if a baby is hungry he will eat they call them growing spurts there will be days when he will eat a whole lot less it's just diffrrent fasses every baby goes through. definatly don't try to feed him less or you both will suffer. But I would at least bring it to the baby doctors attention but it is normal
    Peaceablemom

Answer by Peaceablemom at 4:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• well, your child is growing. I think if you have concerns you should make a list of the items you need to address to your child's doctor and call them and ask the questions. I know when my daughter was younger I use to and it helped.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Some of that maybe growth but just check to find out from the doctor we found out when my son was one he was lactose intolerant and getting nothing from the formula.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my 5month old has a VERY high metabolism. He drinks 40oz of breast milk/formula a day and eats homemade baby food 3 times a day. We had to up his calories b/c he wasnt gaining weight (ped recommended) but since we have he has been SO happy and gaining weight just fine!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My 5 month old nurses around 5-6 times daily and has small portions of solids twice. How long does yours nurse? S/he could be grazing more than having large meals. If s/he seems full and is growing I wouldn't worry.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011