how many months of clomid did it take to get pregnant

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I know everyone is different but I am wondering about the effectiveness of this too. We are hoping to take a vacation soon just for a weekend away from family and our 2 children. We m/c recently and once we are able to TTC again, we may just go away around my 'fertile time' and see what happens. I was to start on Clomid next month (when we were TTC in the fall) but I got pregnant on my own so it wasn't necessary. The doctor just wants us to try again on our own first and see what happens.

Answer by miraclewaits at 11:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• The chid we tried to conceive is now 14 yo. I was on chlomid for 9 months. We had to take to separate months off, 1) i came down with shingles from nerves and 2) we took a complete break from the infertility thing and took a vacation during Thanksgiving because we didnt want to be around family, just too stressful!!! We joined RESOLVE which is a national organization of couples, doctors and therapists working on infertility. I'm sure there is a group near you. My second child we had to cancel the appointment with the infertility doctor because we got pregnant on our own. He is now 12 and preparing for his bar mitzvah.

Answer by robinkane at 12:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I was on it for two years.

Answer by Scuba at 7:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• 2 for me. I was also charting my temp to know when I was ovulating.

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011