georgia couple arrested after their 5 year old weighs 158 lbs... what do u think ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Wow from what I read the mother does not think they were neglected her five year old weighs 158 pounds and the 4 year old weighs 89 this is so sad if someone had not called the police they would have been allowed to go on this way.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• wow i could not even begin to imagine my 5 yr old weighing that much . needless to say about the 4 yr old wearing diapers and using a bottle? to me that is rediculous!! like ya said someone should have jumped in sooner. wow crazy world we are living in these days.
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 5:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I've just read articles and it appears they were living in filth and the 158 pounds is not the reason they were arrested. It was more that there were bugs matted in their hair and the 4 year old had not had her diaper changed etc.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's such a sad story, I hope that the kids are placed in a loving home home and can leave their nightmare behind them. I hope that the couple gets maximum jail time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think there were enough issues without considering the weight to have those children removed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The four year old still wears diapers and drinks from a bottle and the scary part is this has been going on for five years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That a shame why would you allow a child to get that heavy in the first place.that child had poor eating habbits that needed to be change.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I read the news story online just go goolge it. The 2 children were covered in flea and spider bites and it said "their hair was matted with bugs and you could see head lice from just standing above the childs head" and They also said the 5 yr old could not sit or stand without asssistance and that house was full of black mold, fleas, spiders and roaches.

I cried when i read this.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Poor kids to live like that. Hopefully, both children will get the help they need so they can get back to a healthy weight. Mom and dad should be sterilized and never allowed to see their kids again on top of going to prison for a long time.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't know about jail; but definitely sounds like it's time for a CPS intervention and to take the children into care until the parents understand how to properly feed them.

Hell I'm 5'3" and I don't even weigh that much! That's insane for a 5 yr old to be at that weight w/out some sort of severe medical issue!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011