Should I take my son to the ER??!? Please help moms

My son is 6 and he is writhing all over the couch and floor complaining of a stomach ache. Says he's made #2 earlier today and that it didn't hurt like constipation. Past couple days he's been real picky about what he eats. It's a fight to get him to eat a complete meal. Just now he laid on his back on the couch and brought his knees to his chest and said he feels better when he does that?

Do I take him to the ER? What do I do?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 5:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• yes take him just to make sure he is okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes I would. Better safe than sorry.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, if he is in that much pain he should go, just to rule out everything. Good Luck!

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would go to the hospital just to be on the safe side.  I know it sucks having to wait and wait and wait there but at least you'll know for a fact whats wrong.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Just got off the phone with my dad. He's a general surgeon. Yes I woke him out of his sleep and 4 in the morning but he wasn't mad. Turns out it was a REALLY bad case of gas. It was causing stomach cramps.

I'm driving him to Houston tomorrow to see my dad. He thinks he may be allergic to something he ate in the past couple days. He tried some new things yesterday. Thank you moms!!
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 5:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011