Question about un'circed boy (not a debate question)

My, soon to be 7 year old is not circed, and has developed a small tear under the foreskin. His foreskin is still not fully retractable yet, and I think that may be what caused the tear. It doesn't seem to be healing. I've been having him take a bath every day to clean it, and put some ointmentt on. I am taking him to see a doctor tomorrow, but I wanted to hear from other moms who may have gone thru something similar with their sons. Is it typical for it to take more than a week for it to heal? What can a doctor really do for something like that? Any advice, encouragement welcomed. Thanks Ladies!

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 6:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Haven't had any issues with my sons since they are only 18 months and 4 yrs but my husband had a tear where the foreskin attaches to the the penis. He ended up having to go to a uroligist who then did out patient surgery. Basically, I think it's what is considered a partial circumcision. He still has his foreskin but that portion that is attached at the tip is no longer attached so it slides back easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• yes it is a moist area that rubs on clothes etc. It will heal just make sure he leaves it alone
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• What the Dr. will do is be certain that it is not something that needs further attention.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Actually, my uncirced husband occasionally gets a small tear or a friction boo-boo in the area. He has found that using a bit of Lansinoh (for breastfeeding) heals it nicely.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My Ex is uncircumcised and the skin between the head and skin itself is no longer attached. During sexual intercourse the skin tore away. I agree with Misses_Nick and suggest Lansinoh. While with my Ex he made sure to keep it clean and put oitment on it recommended by his Doctor. It healed in a much shorter time frame than what was supposedly expected.
    DejaVooDoo

Answer by DejaVooDoo at 3:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011