What is the difference between a libertarian and a conservative?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Conservatives usually dont want the gov running their personal lives. Im conservative and would love nothing more than the gov to stay out of my business and put their laws where they belong instead of where they arent necessary
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Its the same as keeping religion and politics seperate. Just let us keep our personal lives personal
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The biggest difference between them that I see is that liberals seem to be more open-minded and conservatives seem to be more close-minded.

I don't go consider myself either one, but I usually end up agreeing with a liberal 90% of the time.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Both are fiscally conservative and are *supposed* to believe in small government and more individual rights. Today's conservatives tend to differ wildly from libertarians on social policies--for example, the libertarian stance on drugs is that there should be no drug war and that individuals should be left to decide whether they want to do drugs or not, whereas the everyday conservative would NOT want drugs legalized.
    If you google on the subject, there are some good blogs that can sum up the differences better than I can in the space I have here.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• A libertarian is a women/man in a political party that is intreasted in minimizing gov. to be as minute as possible
    A conservative is an man or womenl who follows conservatism (the American version of the term) is a social ideology, (certain stances on social issues).

lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The biggest difference between them that I see is that liberals

Libritarians are liberals (which equates to the dem. party) libertarian: A person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action. Conservatives want smaller gov't, fiscal responsibility, return to lower taxes, Constitutional awareness in the gov't, paired with the personal responsibility, work ethic, strong military, and return to religious freedom.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011