How badly do D&C's hurt?

I am probably going to have to have one tomorrow and I am VERY sad and VERY nervous.

thanks,
Dani

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 2:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• My mom had one. They make you unconscious. She didnt seem to be in any pain when she came back from it. I drove her home from the hospital - I dont think it hurts - I could be wrong - but she was still drugged and by the time they wore off I think she felt fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I had 2 D & C's, one was fully awake the other they put me out. Neither time did it hurt. The only pain you feel is after, which is equal to the pain you have during your cycle. But that's just me, I haven't heard any horror stories from others who went through it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i had one i was fully awake; the procedure wasn't painful as other things but the dr hit my vaingal wall with the needle to numb my cervix, but i swear the recovery was much worse it was worse than the after bleeding from my son's birth. i'm sorry mama you are going through all of this! i wish you a speedy recovery
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008