Why or Why Not Circumsize? adult content

This is not a debate ?. I saw another posters ? and thought about asking something about it. Why dont some parents circumsize? Is it religion or fear of pain to the baby? What helps you determine to Circ or not? I only have a dd so Im just curious about the whole topic. TIA!!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• i will have my baby boy Circumsized.
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i have 3 girls but if i had a boy i would have him circumsized before we left the hospital. its a personal decision and this is what my husband and i would decide.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• if i ever have a boy i will!!! why?? cuz its cleaner, it looks better, and because i think all boys should get it done!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's a personal decision. My son was circumcised before we left the hospital.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm from england, so the thought never even crossed my mind. We don't circumcise at all over here, unless it's religious / medical.
    No-one has it done 'because'.......

It's a medical procedure with risks, it removes some of the pleasure from sex, and there's no reason to have it done. So why would i?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Why not? I'll tell you why I am against routine infant circumcision. There is NO evidence that it is any cleaner, healthier, better, etc, to be circumcised. It's not MY body to make a permanent, unnecessary change to. That's my simple answer for you. If you or anyone has any questions, I'll gladly answer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• To the first two, and the fourth poster, you gave your decision, but not the why behind it. I think the OP was looking more for the why, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, if you prefer to keep it private, that's fine too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It is not necessary, the skin was put there for a reason, I didn't do it to my son and I hope my children don't do it to theirs.

Answer by older at 8:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We will not be circumcising our little man. There's no reason to in our book, it can be just as clean and healthy.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Krysta. Good point on it not being YOUR body! Never thought of it that way. No if my son wasnt circ and decided as an adult that he wanted to be, could he do it? Or is it something that needs to be done at birth?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011