How can I get my two year old to not be afraid of the potty?

kahlsmama

Asked by kahlsmama at 9:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you have a child size potty chair to start with? Google "toilet training readiness" to make sure you see signs that it is a good time to start.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, he has a small three in one potty chair. =)
    kahlsmama

Comment by kahlsmama (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We've always found potty-phobia cured by them going to the toilet with a sibling or parent. As in them using their potty and sitting there while someone else sits on the toilet so they know that it's normal and everybody does it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but we've found it helpful.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have been trying that...he seems somewhat interested, but not much. It's just my son and I home most of the time, while his daddy is an over the road truck driver. So I'll continue to do that in hopes that he decides he wants to do it too,lol
    kahlsmama

Comment by kahlsmama (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011