Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How difficult is it to have your child which you have custody of go off for visitation in a situation you are not sure of?


Asked by tootoobusy at 9:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 52 (487,465 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • If it's court order, what choice do you have, but if you feel the environment is bad, get a lawyer and appeal the visitation.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • I wont let him go....

    Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • I really don't know what I'd do in that situation. Will there be a chaperone? I would bring it up with somebody legally and attempt to get a chaperone if possible at all. If not I'd probably do something incredibly silly like hang around nearby.

    Answer by leah_rai at 9:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • I file more paperwork and keep it in court till they get it right. I do whatever it takes to keep my son out of a situation that Im not ok with. Its working, now hes got supervised visits.

    Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • Very, my son's father and I have totally different views on everything, he is a totally diff. person than the one I married. I get uneasy sending my son but can't not send him because I disagree with some of his choices. So I document everything and let my son go.

    Answer by sandbuster at 9:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • can you be more specific? is the visitations court ordered? if they are not you do not have to let the child go. but i would need more information on what exactly you are speaking about to really give a complete answer.

    Answer by lambdarose at 9:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • can you give more details?

    Answer by ambr2006 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • It is hard for me. My ex is in the Army so he comes and goes. It's not so hard on my dd when he leaves but when he comes back, he hates going over there and she never really gets used to it because by the time she starts to, he's gone again. There is nothing I can do either, it is court appointed. Just show you child as much love as you child while they are with you, keep your eyes and ears open and if there is a question of abuse or neglect, report it right away

    Answer by JLS2388 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • My son has court ordered visits, and I told the judge stright to her face, My kids dad does
    so on and so fourth.
    I said You can order visatations, but I will NOT be bringing him there without a court ordered shaparone- I never took him there, and than got a lawyer.
    in the end, I won-
    I have NO problem with my sons father seeing my baby (not that his father has ever bothered to stop by) but I would do ANYTHING to protect my child, and I knew my son wasnt safe with his father alone. I got my point across, and won.

    Answer by JnCV at 1:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • You do not have a choice it is a court ordered visitation.

    Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011