When you have a C-Section how do you get your milk to come in?

I wasn't able to breastfeed my first baby because I was so drugged up from all the complications that I had during my labor and C-section that I didn't wake up for four days. My husband in that time took care of the baby.

Now I am pregnant again and going to have another c-section (several doctors have looks at my file and decided it would just be safer to have a c-section this go around) and I really want to breastfeed, but I have heard that your milk wont come in for days when you have a c-section. Any truth to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was worried about this also, but I had a 2nd c-section and breastfed sucessfully. My milk didn't come in for 3-4 days, but the baby surrvived off colostrum. Your second planned c-section will be easier and it will be easier to try to breatfeed.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I had a c and it came in right away. Good Luck
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It comes in, It isn't supposed to come in for days. The first 4 days are just colostrum. On around day 4 the milk comes in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011