Obamas favorables up?

I here them saying Obama has given himself a new lease on his Presidency after his speech in Arizona. What do you think?
His personables have always been good but his policies have hit him hard in the popularity ratings. His policies have not changed so do they think people will forget about all the bad bills and nasty words?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow...his ego is HUGE--bigger than I thought possible!!! He really does live in a vacuum!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• – collapse

That's how Bush got re-elected

Support for the wars were waning, he went to court the first time to STOP Americans voted from being counted, the PA was coming under fire and wasn't read by anyone before being passed, the whole mission (not) accomplished, etc. etc....

But people liked him, he was someone they could "have a beer with" and they didn't want to switch Presidents in the midst of two wars....So his favorable personality got him re-elected...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• he has given himself a new lease on his Presidency? that seems a little self obsorbed. being president is not about him. its about the country and what is best for the country. maybe he is realizing this. one speech wont erase the past 2yrs. actions speak louder then words. he needs to start LISTENING to the American people because its not just about him.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I guess he carries that massive ego in those ears.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• he has given himself a new lease on his Presidency? that seems a little self obsorbed.

Did HE say them words? no...The OP said " I HEAR THEM SAYING"....who is saying and was it the President??? NO....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would never think of Obama as someone to have a beer with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Im not voting for him. I do know people who voted for him and his speech didnt seem to change their opinion? My mother in law is a life long democrat and has voted for every Democrat since she has been able to vote (shes 56 so a long time lol). She campaigned for him as well. Her boss is the head of the local Dem offices or whatever its called. Neither of them are voting for him this year. So I dont know how he or anything thinks the one memorial helped?
    I do think those lefty types who were all over him will vote for him, but they probably would have anyway. I see them complain and complain but at the end of the day it isnt as if theyd actually vote for a republican. I dont think the youth vote will show up this time.

Answer by gemgem at 10:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i love obama !
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It gave him a bump, but that won't last.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• He is having an 'after speech' bump. Just wait until all of that settles down and he returns to his vacation. He will be, what did he say, going 'toe to toe' with the other side. When he shows just how little he plans to work with the majority in the House, the glitter will tarnish and fast.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011