Do you call your children's "bluff"/ Do they call you on yours

My son is refusing to get dressed. So I told him if he does not get dressed I'll take him out as he is. He responded with no you won't. So I opened the door and said lets go. He looked at me, and just stared. He is now getting dressed.

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 9:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do it all the time. Mine know Im not playing though lol. For instance my 5 yr old always has to suddenly pee when her brother takes a shower. She could have just gone and still has to go. I know she really doesnt have to and just is being a sister trying to get into the bathroom when her brother is in there. I tell her well I guess you have to pee your pants then. She gets so mad, and says NO. I said then hold it. Of course she holds it.

Answer by gemgem at 10:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• As a parent, we have to be careful what we say or threaten. We have to follow through or our words become meaningless. They will not respect you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• This is too funny, I thought things like this only happened in my house.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011