How do I get him back?

Ex SO & I have been broken up for a little over a year now. We still love one another, and do all the things a couple do, but just aren't together for a number of reasons (nothing major). My question is, what do I do to make him WANT to come back? Can I still do all the ''corny'' stuff like plan romantic dates, cook romantic dinners, etc. I'm very creative, so i'm always thinking of new things to do, but he comes to mind, and I just don't know if that's gonna make him want to come back, or think that he has me around his finger, why would he want to come back...not sure if that makes sense. When we were dating, I never did any of that stuff, I was a big bitch to him, and wasn't sexually into him. Ever since we broke up, all that's changed,...i'm not sure if i'm sexually into him, or if i'm training myself to be to ''bring him back'' Please help, I love this man with all my heart and would do anything to just try one more time to make it work, please no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• when you get down to it
    men like to case (if thinks that he has me around his finger-no chase)
    so making him nice dinners, romantic dates, ,...i'm not sure if i'm sexually into him=so you are giving him some

why would he "come back" HE HAS IT ALL RIGHT NOW..without the committment

some how have to seem a bit unattainable, he needs to feel that he has to try to caugfht you
    it is all very difficult when try ing to figure out a mans head, let alone his attempt at feelings

good luck
    guess i am not much help
    but give him what he needs, and that is the chase (so giving him less romantic things, is really want he needs to reach out to you)

*******give him everything he needs, and he wants for nothing****
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• he will pursue you if he is interested. if you try too hard to reel him in it just seems to desperate. just let things flow and see what happens.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• why did you guys break up?
    Kara.l

Answer by Kara.l at 10:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Maybe you should be honest and tell him ask him if he thinks he is ready to try one more time?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Kara - I found out that he cheated on me, we just weren't happy together, I was always a bitch to him, and he was more into it because of our kids. Ever since we broken up, since I have been starting to act more of a ''girlfriend'' than a b*tch (although we're not together) our relationship has been better than it ever has.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I agree with the poster that says he has to real incentive to come back. Kind of like the saying "why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free". You need to sit down and have a heart to heart with him. Lay it all out on the table.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Tell him you'll always be in love with him, that you realize how bitchy you were being towards him & that you want to be a better wife. Tell him you want to work it out & see what he says. You can't really beat around the bush. If you wait too long, someone else might snatch him up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• you really have to give him time let him decide what he wants . and if thats what he wants he will come back to you but to be honest good things and bad things happens for a reason and how is he with your kids just give him time
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• He will never come back if you keep giving him what he want. You said you are acting like you are together but your not. Stop acting like you are his girlfriend. Act like an EX. You are giving him what he wants.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I can see his point of view, you are giving him everything a girlfriend should with out having to be tied to you. I am not sure how you can get him back.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011