Who is more strict you or your s/o?

When it comes to discipline for your children..or are you both the same?

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• We are both layed back now he is almost 18 he is a straight edge kid and he is well behaved.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• About the same. We both have certain things the kids listen to one or the other more about. My 17 yr old loves my dh (his step dad) and will listen to him more then me now. He even defends my dh when we disagree lol. My kids know we live in you get what you earn household. They dont work, but we hold the keys to the castle and anything they want we buy. If they are bad, they wont get anything. They have to earn it. So they know I buy the stuff, but DH earns the money to buy the stuff. Either of us can say no you cannot have XYZ because you did not share, listen, pick up your room etc etc,. But its pretty equal here.

Answer by gemgem at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I am.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i would say I am more stricter then my husband and I follow through with the punishment given. My husband caves in.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm the "BIG CHIEF" in my home. This is exactly what they call me. The dad is too soft on them. I try to make sure the manners are out at the dinner table, and no disrespect toward one another. I pretty much try to make sure they follow the rules...you know boundaries. I tell their dad to step it up, but he constantly tell me how strict his parents were and he feel he should avoid being this way toward his children. My parents were strict too, but kids today are something else. They will try you in every way. So I guess I'll continue being the "BIG CHIEF" until they leave home. If they act up in school...I'm there! I love my kids, but without rules and boundaries, what do you have? They say "yes Ma'am/sir", and they not only say it to me and their dad, but to other adults too. I try to instill values and morals some kids lack today in our society.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My DH is a little stricter than I am, it works out well for us. If we're having a problem with one of the kids we can usually work together to find a fair solution.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My husband is.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 11:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That would be me.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My Mother use to beat me w/a strap so I more or less put it on my S/O and was a screamer. SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO wrong, it should be an equal partnership and you both should stick with each other on how you handle you kids. I regret so much that I put that burden on my S/O, but I had such bad memories from my child hood and carried them over to my adulthood. I have learned now w/my GR-son that we have partial custody of to help with the disciplining. I'm his Mother figure being as my DD was killed, so he does look to me a lot for most things, Sooooo I have to be stronger this time as my 2nd chance, so far so good. It's a promise I've made to my DD.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• As far as manners, yes and no, openeing and closing doors, please and thank you, I'm pretty much the one on those, I'm talking the you were really doing somehthing that needs attention, wait till Dad gets home. Not good !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011