How to help with Morning Sickness? SOMEBODY KILL ME! :(

I never was sick when I was pregnant with my son, but I'm 7 weeks along in this new pregnancy and am SO sick. What are some suggestions to curb the queasiness?

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 10:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I learned from my mom and now give to my sicks when sick and that is gingersnap cookies. Peppermint candy or gum works good too. And when pregant with third kid fruit cups worked for me. You might have to find something that will work for you. Just hang in there.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I used an all natural organic ginger tea blend, look for the Traditional Medicinal brand- Fred Meyer carries it.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Gingerale. Crackers. You might need a Rx. I would call your dr if are feeling really bad.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Gingerale... mints...crakers...anything with ginger in it
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Eat something every hour, a couple crackers, or a slice of apple. It will help to keep your blood sugar up. Keep some cracker or plain bread next to the bed and eat them before you even get out of bed. Ginger tea works well. I found my nausea so bad that I took two ginger capsules (you can get them at a health food store) three times a day to help curb the nausea so that I could eat small snacks. Mints also helps some people.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sea bands- get them and don't take them off.

Sushi ginger- its great for when it gets really tough.

Always keep a little something in your stomach. The empty nauseous feeling is much worse than when there is a little something in there.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My daughter had to prescribe me phenegran and he also told me to take vitamin B-6. Hope you feel better soon!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 11:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Some great suggestions already. This one goes along with eating frequently, I kept almonds on me at all times, raw almonds. They had the same effect as crackers for me but are more nutritious.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Really cold fruit helped me through my pregnancy with terrible morning sickness. Particularly watermelon. I'd cut it up and put it in the fridge in small containers. I'd snack on them all through the day. Some days, I ate only watermelon, but it seemed to curb the nausea. One day, at 14 weeks, I woke up and it was magically completely gone! No morning sickness at all!
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011