Could my child Be Allergic To her own Urine?

she is in cloth diapers right now and has red dots and a rash from her stomach to she pravite part

gothicmom2008

Asked by gothicmom2008 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• Maybe she is alergic to the soap you washed it in?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I doubt it. She might just needs to be changed more often. My son gets that if he is in a wet diaper too long.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Her urine could be extra strong. Has her diet changed? Or your diet if you are nursing? It maybe the laundry detergent.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Have you changed the detergent you wash the diapers in? Maybe she's been sitting in her uring for too long before you change her (that happens to me sometimes when i'm really busy, cleaning especially lol)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• might be the soap you used and just make sure to wipe really clean when you change her. If you change soap and keep doing it then I would ask a doctor. They used to have a special laundry soap out just for kids or babies but unsure of the name. I use the all dye free and that is all I use.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• she is wearing cloth diapers
    gothicmom2008

Comment by gothicmom2008 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I agree with everyone else, start eliminating possible irritants, soap, diet, change more often and clean well, let air dry for 10-15 minutes before putting on another diaper. If it persists have Dr. check it. My second daughter-now 19- had problems with diaper rashes, I found out it was a yeast infection. The Dr. had me use Lotremin AF on it.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• ok thank you all
    gothicmom2008

Comment by gothicmom2008 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Eliminate fruit juice too. It is very acidic which in turn makes her urine acidic. I had to do this with my dd. Once I eliminate the juice, she quit breaking out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes!! My daughter is allergic to AMMONIA!!!!! AMMONIA IS THE MAIN COMPONENT IN URINE!!! She literally gets chemical burns from her own pee! Also, disposable diapers are treated with ammonia as well, so definitely keep her in cloth!! I have tried TONS of creams and the only thing I have found that helps is SudzyBaby Healing Hemp Balm http://www.sudzybaby.com/store/bath-body/10-sudzybaby-healing-hemp-balm.html. I apply it between every single diaper change and she still gets irritation, but not as bad. Also, I use fitteds whenever possible so that the urine is not just sitting on her skin.
    Mom2kyky

Answer by Mom2kyky at 9:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2011