Belly rubs...love em or hate em

When you were/are pregnant...perfect strangers come up to you and its like you don't exist, but your belly with the unborn is fair game. Almost like newborns with pinch-able cheeks...they don't ask, they just pinch...or just rub the belly.

Some places consider it a sign of good luck to rub a belly, but hmmm, not everyone wants to be touched. What are your thoughts? Did you get the belly rubs? Did you get asked?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 10:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't like to be touch either. However my boys are 13, and 10 and can't wait to feel the baby move so they are always stopping to rub my belly and asking if little sprout is moving. My mother-in-law is a belly rubber too. My husband has to touch my belly every night at bedtime and when he wakes up and when he gets home from work. I can't wait till they can actually feel the baby move so maybe some of the curiousness will wear off.  However, when they touch or rub my belly it doesn't brother me that much. When other people I know does it, it annoys me.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I had a few people just do it, but generally I was asked. I don't mind if a friend/family member asks first, but I do mind complete strangers doing it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I like m belly to be softly caresed by my hubby finger tips bc it feels more tickelish I like that feeling it gives me chills.....
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I hate it. Leave my belly alone.....bunch of freaks!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If you are not my family DONT touch me!

Now on occasion I will come across an elderly couple who are just so excited by new life that it won't bother me, but yeah most random people uhh no!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 11:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I absolutely hated when random people would touch my belly! It drove me insane.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm not good with strangers to begin with. People take great offense when I quickly and forcefully tell them not to touch me. I tried to suck it up and deal with it with my first baby, but I'd have near panic attacks trying to be nice to people who were being downright rude. Now, I quickly let them know they're crossing major boundaries.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011