Do you have a keepsake from your childhood?

I have a teddy bear that I got from a garage sale when I was only 3 years old. I still have it with me and I'm almost 30. My mother has one from her childhood, but we were never allowed to play with it. I let my youngest play with mine and my bear ended up needing several stitches at the teddy bear hospital.

My mother won't let me have my baby album...couldn't even borrow it to scan in old photos. I started saving stuff my Sr year in HS for a memory box.

Do you have a keepsake from your childhood? Care to share the story behind the item...if you have a keepsake?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and my mom also didn't let me have my baby book till I was 35. That was just last year ago. She also gave my a album she put together with pictures of me and the family when I was a little girl. I carried a blue blanket around till it mysteriously disappeared when I was in the first grade. It reappeared when I was 30. She had a half of it and my grandfather had the other half. When he passed away my Aunt sent it to me. When I was younger I had forgotten it in at his house many miles away from my own. I wouldn't sleep with out it.  My mom called him to send it to her but he sent half of it up and kept the other half all those years. I thought it was to sweet when I found out. It need to be cut down in size anyway that thing was huge and before it was all over with it was just a little baby blanket size.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a stuffed animal that i got the day i was born 24 yrs ago.
    Its my panda bear.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a Black Poodle Radio that I got from my childhood that I still have a Koren doll that I got from my grandpa from when he was in the war and several other things from mychildhood. I have my baby book. I really have a lot from my childhood. Don't need it and have no idea what to do with most of it but it'smy childhood and I wouldn't part with any of it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a large stuffed raccoon that I got when I was a toddler. My earliest memory is of pulling the thing out of big bin of stuffed animals. lol His name is Rocky and I think I slept with him until jr. high. Then he sat in the corner of my room until my own kids came along. All three of them have packed him around. My youngest is 3, she has by far given him more love than the other two and thinks that he has been hers all along. His mouth needs a little stitching but other than that he's looking pretty good for a 26 year old toy.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I still have a carebear that my mom made for me when I was younger.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a cabbage patch doll and a book that I've saved. My mom gave me my baby book, blankets and some crib bedding from when I was a baby as well and I still have all that.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have my baby ring and bracelet and earrings my sister sent me from Italy when I was 10.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have my first cookie monster. It has nappy fur and some of its pupil is starting to come off of its eye. I am 35yrs old.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011