How "brand name" are you when it comes to make-up and/or clothes?

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I tend to buy only brand names, I think they are of better quality and last longer. They don't necessarily have to be designer, but I won't waste money on the really inexpensive clothing/makeup.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't care about brand names unless it is something big like electronics, appliances or cars. Then I research what is the best for the price.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 11:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't wear make up, but when I used base when I was in HS, it HAD to be Cover Girl. I think it was the cheapest. As for clothes, I get what's cheaper if it looks good on me. I see the Levis jeans were a good thing for me. Now SHOES...I'm not a shoe person per se' but I seem to favor Converse shoes...or Doc Martins when I could afford them.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't care when it comes to my clothes. If it looks nice and feel right, then it works for me. However, I have sensitive skin so my make-up and cleanser are all name brand. I will pay the extra cost for that anytime. As long as it keeps working for me.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I am not into name brand anything. I wear what I like for both
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I dont look at brand names... I buy quality and things that look good on me.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i just get what i like, name brand or not it dosen't matter
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wear covergirl. Mary Kay for makeup and whatever looks good on me for clothes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i buy for quality. sometimes you can waste more money buying cheap crap over and over, than buying expenisve and it lasting. also, quality is important when it comes to appliances, makeup, hair care, sporting gear, and such.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Makeup - don't wear.
    Clothes - depends what I'm getting. The best jeans I've had were $35 (lasted 7 years, til I got too fat and ripped them out bending over), the worst I've had were $60 (wore out really fast and got stretchy spots in odd places). Loungewear, cheap is good, I don't want to spend $40 on a pair of pants I won't wear out of the house. Dressier clothes...depends what it is, what it's for, etc. I don't pay much attention to brands, I get what I like that's priced right, regardless of what brand it may or may not be. I have everything from Faded Glory/White Stag to Ralph Lauren in my closet.
    Anonymous