DD, 3/12 pimples in her private area?

She says she itches and she has pimple looking spots between her legs and on her bottom. We just recently started potty training because she FINALLY got the hang of it, but ever since she started wearing underwear she has broken out and is VERY itchy down there.
She bathes regularly and her soap hasn't changed. We also have not changed detergents that we wash our clothing in.
Could it be a yeast infection, because of all the itching? I just don't know why she has all the pimple spots.......she wipes after going to the potty.
Any ideas or others who have had little girls with this soon after potty training has started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter did that and yes it was a yeast infection.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Thanks amber, i'll take her tomorrow to the doctor!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• :) not a problem!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• yeast, strep (yes, i've seen it down there on little ones), rash from underwear. go to the doctor. with the underwear, just always wash it after you buy it (if you could see the bugs, fleas, and stuff on fabric and finished material, you'd never wear a single thing without washing it first!)
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Had a little girl that had strep down there. It could be a yeast infection, but if the cream doesn't clear it up, i would bring up the strep. The little girl went almost 3 weeks with it, tried all kinds of creams etc.. went to the doctor, gave her an antibiotic, and it cleared up in three days. The tiny pimple like things was the main thing that tipped off the strep, so if you do go to the doctor you might want to mention it.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• while you haven't changed laundry detergents, if she is just potty trained I am assuming that underwear are new to her. That area is very sensitive and even though the detergent doesn't cause a problem anywhere else, that may be the problem ( I'm right there with her, I have to wash my undies in dreft or I get a rash lol
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sounds like a yeast infection. Call your pediatrician you can easily treat.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2011