mood swings

just since i got my period back after having my daughter a year ago iv been getting really emotional! and its not before its only during and after my period. all i want to do is cry and if im not crying im yelling about something and i dont realize im doing it till i have made everyone here mad, i constantly beat my self down mentaly during this time too. dont ask me why because i dont know why i do it and it just makes the emotional part worse.

what would cause all this and what can i do for it? im going to talk to a dr but i cant get in for a while.

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 11:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• Your body changes after you have a baby, and sometimes it takes a while for your hormones to balance out. Definately talk to a doctor when you are able to.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• This somtimes happens to me as well.Do you have help with the baby?Do you get a break to relax or just have a little queit time?Well I think that has something to do with it all your emotion building up(stress), but check with your docter good luck.
    jesse476

Answer by jesse476 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• thanks ladies @jesse476 no i very rarely get a break from the kids the only time i do is long enough for a 10 min bath and usually my 3 year old is screaming at the door and my 1 year old throwing a fit cuz of teething and my husband does good with them but he dont know how to handle them well cuz hes at work all day and is home and spends 4 hours home before going to bed
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I was the same and I found talking vitamin B daily helps, also I try goin for a walk most evenings just to get out and get some fresh air. Do ye have rescue remedy over there?? It helps calm ya down.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 1:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would strongly suggest talking with your doctor since it's interfering in your life so badly. There are any number of natural ways to ease up like proper diet, exercise, adequate sleep, time to yourself (VERY important) etc. But to be on the safe side, please do at least call your doctor and see what he/she has to say.
    ellemenope

Answer by ellemenope at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011