So........

Everyone complains about illegal immigrants, why isn't anyone complaining about the system that provides them with all the services, the schools, our armed forces, our medical services, benefits etc.....the same system that haunts them down is providing services, allowing them to share in our benefit system. Isn't our system more at fault than the actual immigrant?

Asked by older at 11:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Many illegals pay taxes and get nothing in return. Many that are arrested and incarcerated do NOT get deported...

If they know where they are and they are in custody, why keep them?

System is fu#ked up
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• No. We pay taxes for these services. We are American citizens and the system and the way our society is set up is to help residents of the country. Why doesnt Canada let us wander on over and get free health care? Why cant I go hiking in Iran? Because there are laws in almost every country to handle illegal immigrants. I cant just decide I want to go live in France for instance. They have immigration laws just like we do and I would be deported. Would you say their system is screwed up because they also give schooling and other services to their country? They deport Americans who go there illegally. So does Canada. So does just about any other country out there. Are they wrong too? Im sure there are some illegals in all of the various countries flying under the radar yet when caught also get deported. Our country is no different.

Answer by gemgem at 11:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If I find a wallet with five hundred bucks on the side of the road, do I keep it, or turn it in? I desperately need the money, but the right thing to do is turn it in to the police.

No difference here. Just because they CAN take the services doesn't mean that they SHOULD.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• No. I wouldn't. I've been in that situation before. I wouldn't force someone to take me. In my eyes, it's theft. There are immigration rules for a reason. To make sure we have enough to go around for everyone coming in. This is not a BAD thing, it's a GOOD thing.

And then for someone to say, "you know what, I don't care what YOU say, YOU ARE going to support me.... RIGHT NOW. I don't care if you can't afford to, I don't care how you feel, and I sure as hell don't care what the rules are." They see something, they want it, and instead of asking for help, they force themselves in the door.

IF I was in a situation where my family was in jeopardy, I'd beg for help until I got it. I wouldn't steal it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Really?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's like saying it's the fault of the STORES ffor displaying stuff that the thieves want to steal. Way to make the VICTIMS the criminals!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The services are NOT offered to illegals. They have to lie about their status to get them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

UMMM they are breaking the law.....I think they made themselves the criminals
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• They are using the services and not the other way around. It is up to people to be honest. You go and register at a school. The school didn't go and get them. You can't blame a service. It doesn't think, plan, weigh moral dilemmas. People do. And the people in the offices, they either are following the rules of the institution, afraid to say anything, or have an agenda even if they know the truth. Those jobs that 'illegals do because Americans don't want them" is crap. Most Americans will work if you tell them that work is honorable. If you tell them that the 'work is beneath them' even whey they don't have the skill sets to get a different job, they will continue to sit on their butts because you just gave them an excuse.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Oh ok prego. I read it wrong. All I know is my grandparents some how managed to come over legally. They taught us right from wrong. They personally turned in other immigrants here illegally. They had no qualms about it. We need better enforcement of the laws here. We need to stop giving anyone aid and services who is not legal. I dont even understand how they are able to do it anyway. I have had to apply for Medicaid for my kids when my DH lost his job and they asked me for a birth cert for all of the kids. I have enrolled my kids and they asked for the same thing and social security numbers. I dont understand why they arent turned in as soon as they seek state aid or enroll their kids.

Answer by gemgem at 11:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The system is flawed..... illegals have Social Security cards and Drivers liscense that they will give a business when they are hired. Like someone else said they get taxes taken out of their checks and it can take forever for the Government to tell a business owner that it is a fraudulent SS number and then they just send a letter which asks for a correct number from the person. No visits except in very rare and large cases.

I know what assume is commonly referred as but I can't imagine that they are any quicker in stopping the same people using the same information for benefit services.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011