Teens blasting their music

Do you like what they listen to?

Mine is VERY into the Beatles at the moment... I LOVE it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• We listen to some of the same music and its ok.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Some of it I do. But the later it gets or if I am doing something else around the house I like the music to be turned down to a respectable level for the whole house.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• agreed sheer heart.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, my teen listens to the same thing I do, mostly punk and alternative. Her boyfriend on the other hand, likes screamo and I'm not a big fan of that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Mine aren't teens yet, but as long as it isn't country or seriously vile gangster rap, I'm going to be cool with them listening to it loud!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i like most of the same music they do...I don't really ever have to tell them to turn it down. They do pretty well monitoring that themselves and keeping it reasonable. :)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm glad I don't have teenagers yet though the one's next-door even their mom and company they have blast the music so loud you can hear the lyrics through the wall its a nightmare at night trying to get my baby to sleep what's crap is the landlord and cops won't do anything cause they're black and they don't want to turn into a race thing I wonder if they know by not doing anything about it they are turning it into a race thing
    lonemom1987

Answer by lonemom1987 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Mine wear ipods so I can't hear it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Most of the time I can't stand what my son listens to.....the popular pop songs that today's kids get into. I was pretty hard core when I was 14 (my son's age) and listen to alot of metal and goth music. I still enjoy both but over the years my tastes have softened somewhat. I will say this though, I'm never more proud than when I hear him blasting something like Journey (old skool) or even jazzy like Norah Jones on his own. It helps me see that although he usually listens to what his friends think is cool, I've still given him a love of a variety of music.
    BrandinaV

Answer by BrandinaV at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My son and i listen to alot of the same music, but he also has quite eclectic taste...he brings in stuff that i have never heard of, and with him being 13, I try to preview, get a listen to everything while i can still shed some influence (LOL)! He listens to jazz, reggae, alternarock, and old 70s but still stays up on "what's in" on the radio!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2011