Remedies for a broken heart

Isn't the first time he broke my heart, I should have known it was going to happen again...how do I get over it, and better yet, how do I erase him from my life when we have children together......I'm ready to forget him now, FOR GOOD!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• It does hurt when you have a broken heart, it feels like it's almost been ripped out of you or there is a hole there. Somehow you have to pull yourself together and get on with life, starting by going out with the girls. I'm not saying man hunt, just have fun, when Mr Right comes a long you'll know it, in them mean time have fun being free .Funny it seeems most times when your NOT looking that's when Mr Right does come along. You and your children don't need a relationship where there is no love, they will feel it also, and they say there IS someone out there for EVERYONE.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It all starts with you. What you think you can be able to do to take care of yourself. Volunteer, do something you've always wanted to do. Boy, do I wish when that happened to me this site was here. It would of taken my mind off of stuff. The hard parts are nights. Change your bedroom around if you can and buy some new bedding go out and exercise.
    You'll never erase him from your life he will always be there for birthday's, visitations, concerts.That's the hard part you will see him the harder part is not letting him back into your life to make that mistake yet again.
    I am sorry you are hurting and I wish you the best.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• get a good baby sitter and have a lady night out. Call or hang out with someone who is understanding and will cheer you up. Watch a funny movie. Go shopping. Remind yourself that there is always light at the end of the tunnel and time will heal your broken heart. Think of the future, what is best for you and your childrens. Always remember tomorrow is a brand new day.
    mercymom145

Answer by mercymom145 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well you can't forget him or erase him. But for me, the best way to mend a broken heart, is to spend time loving myself. I try to focus more on taking care of my body and mind. I also find that when I am depressed, helping others helps. Maybe go to the nursing home with your kids and visit with the elderly. Some of them have you beat in the broken heart department, and may have words of wisdom that only time can provide. Some of the best advice I have received has been in visiting the elderly.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You can't forget about him because you have kids together. You will always in some form be involved with him. However, you have to find out what you want for yourself to help you move forward. Stay away from your head, it will keep you thinking. about  how you could fix things or, your head will keep you thinking of different ways to protect your heart and  what went wrong. Stay busy. I hope everything works out for you.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• well if you want to move on & forget about him then if you have any friends go out have a night out spend time with family or spend time with your kids if there is mommy groups near you spend it with them also just keep making you & your kids are ok goodluck mama i hope it all works out
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• stay busy. Treat yourself nice-get a make over new cut, color,mani/pedi, go to a make up counter ie Lancome and have them show you how to apply makeup and get new colors. Cant afford all this have a friend help you with at home make over. It will make you feel great. Get some trasy magazines that do not take much of a brain to read catch up on all the gossip. Foocus on your kids, hang out with friends or family. Dont ignore your feelings let them flow so you can heel.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011