Are you going to buy a lot of maternity clothes?

I plan not to waste a lot of money on maternity clothes, I feel it is a waste of money to. How do you feel about it?

sheer_heart

Asked by sheer_heart at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nope..i am agree it is a waste of money. i am currently 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant...and i have not bought any maternity clothes...seems pointless now...being i can pop at any moment.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think that you shouldn't buy any until you need to. With my son and daughter I only needed to wear maternity pants after five months. With my third (Due Feb. 8th) I haven't needed to wear maternity pants at all. Therefore, if you need them then great buy them, but if you don't you've wasted your money.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wish I had made better purchases for maternity clothes with my first. Unfortunately, I bought stuff on sale, took hand me downs, and shopped the thrift store. I'm on my fourth baby now and really wish I would have just sprung for the nice stuff the first time around. I now have several nice maternity things and it makes me feel better when I am not wearing someone else's clothes.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I loved having clothes that fit good and made me look and feel good throughout my pregnancy. If they make me feel good, then they aren't a waste of money. But - after I had my last one I sold them on craigslist, so I got some of my money back.

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have two shirts to get me through the "winter" and that is all I intend to buy. Most of my shirts are long enough to fit over my belly and I will be able to wear dresses when I am really large. (I am going to be 23 weeks tmro) I feel like I wasted money buying with my first two.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011