How do I get my 4 1/2 yr old to wear his underwear the right way?

When my son started using underwear he wore them backwards because the picture is usually on the butt and he wanted to see the picture. I have done a lot of preschool work and have seen this numerous times so I didn't think much of it. I thought it was a phase and would pass. Well now, he's 4 1/2 years old and still wearing his underwear backward- even the kind with just patterns all over and not pictures on the butt! We have tried to convince his they are backward and even shown him how daddy wears his underwear but he insists on wearing them that way. He has a permanent wedgie because of it but doesn't seem to mind. Should I even try to get him to wear underwear the right way or just let him figure it out as he gets older and they get more uncomfortable?

frat_twin_mama

Asked by frat_twin_mama at 12:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 4 year old does this,too. We bought him Phineas & Ferb undies and he wants to be able to see Perry the Platypus! I just make sure to tell him they're backwards. It's not hurting them, and they'll grow out of it as they get older!
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Hahahahaha-I have no idea. My son does the same thing.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 12:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• thats better than my son who is in this kick of wearing 2 pairs at the same time he is 4.5 yrs old.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2011